Time to Shine at 29

 Mrs. Welder is officially 29.  Normally she can't think of anything to request for her birthday, but with her age must have come wisdom because she actually thought to ask for something on the to-do list.  I mean, if you ask for it for your birthday, and you never ask for anything, doesn't that mean you should probably get it?!  I asked for shelves in the art room.  This was waiting for me before I left for work and I thought that was a good sign that I might get my wish.
 I think I mentioned a long time ago that we planted Morning Glories along the back fence.  Without rain for so long, we thought they did not make it, but they did.  So pretty and a sweet surprise.  My work day was busy and good and I had a nice lunch with my cousin.  When I got to work that morning, my boss had a couple books and a wind chime on my desk.  We had a board meeting and she must have spilled the beans, as everyone was wishing me a happy birthday.  Being 29 was good so far.
  When I left for work that morning, I did not think my gift would appear so soon, but due to an unexpected turn of events in Mr. Welder's plans for the day, here is what I saw when I got home!
 And these babies go all the way to the top.  I later learned that Mr. Welder built these in the garage and his dad and our brother-in-law stopped by just in time to help him haul them upstairs.  Thanks, guys!  And thanks to my hubby for building these shelves that are perfect.  I didn't know what I really wanted, and these are better than anything I could have dreamed up.  I can't wait to clean out my old art room and organize all my stuff.  Sounds like a good project for a long weekend.
I'm not sure if it was my old age or the week of late nights, but I felt beat, which made me feel sad because it was finally time to hang out with my Mr. Welder.  We made a quick stop by my parents' house so they could spoil me with gifts before we headed to town to eat.  With a promise of going to bed early, I got a little burst of energy and we had a great time, just hanging out, talking, eating, drinking, and not cleaning up the kitchen.  We got home before dark and had ice waters on the balcony.  Yes, we are party animals.
 Daisy laid by me since it was MY birthday after all.
 We watched the sprinkler give the garden a drink.
 Mr. Welder pointed out that I still hadn't cleaned up my mess from craft night. 
And I pointed out that he still hadn't moved this leftover door from when we finished our house.
I win!
But mainly I win because I'm blessed to be surrounded by people that made my birthday a special day.
Doesn't it feel good to be celebrated?!

Comments

  1. Belated happy Birthday. Ha, at 29 I was wondering if I would ever meet Mr. Right...two weeks later I did. 29 was a great year for me...here's to a fabulous 29 for you...seems to have started out just right...with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny! That's a sweet story. Isn't it amazing how things work out?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts