Here Fishy Fishy

As my dad said~this was not a fishing trip.  After we checked in and relaxed for a bit, we headed to the beach, poles in hand.
We had our own special part of the beach that was for Bungalow guests only.
Personally, I liked our beach the best.
It included a nice shady area to sit and to set all your stuff...and it had the best shells!
So while Jason
And dad fished,
The gals hunted for shells, sea glass, and drift wood.
I promise the gals brought home way more goodies than the guys did.



From the piers, you could see lots of jelly fish.  Creepy.
Rockport is lined with piers.  Most are private and locked.  This one is owned by the city and it's free to walk on and costs $3 per pole to fish.



After grilling steaks, we headed back over to the pier.
Ready to go.
Walking out, finding the perfect spot.
Boy, do we look excited.
And then it was time to fish.
I caught a perch.  The guys used these as cut bait, which means they cut the fish in pieces and put it on their hooks.  I stuck with using shrimp.
There's a shot of my dad's tennis shoe for you again :)
I can't remember for sure, but maybe this is another perch?
I do remember this one.  It's a Speckled Trout and I caught him...but he was too itty bitty so we had to throw him back.
Dad caught a Gaft (I think).  It's kind of like a salt water Catfish.
And another one.
The next morning, the guys decided to try their luck at our private beach...I know, we're fancy.
Beautiful morning


I think this is a Redfish.  But again too small to keep.
I was in charge of running back up the hill to get supplies.  I knew they noticed when I ate an extra baked potato for dinner.
He loves when I take pictures of his big catches :)
Dad's weight got hung on a rock while he was reeling in a fish.  Jason was the lucky one to venture out to the deep seas.
See it poking its head out of the water?
This was my favorite catch.  It's called a Sheepshead but was just shy of being a keeper...
More bait fish.
And more
Dad noticed some hermit crabs a little ways out in the water sitting on a rock.
I was the lucky one to venture out, grab and throw them on the bank, and scoop them up with a big shell.  Creepy.  Oh, and I know you're jealous of my hair.
Creepy.
Dad cracked the shell and used it for bait.
A glimpse of what kept us busy...images of craft projects dancing in our heads :)
A big crab.  He was dead though.  I tapped him.
On the way out of town to go back home, we stopped by Airport Beach on Copano Bay.

The guys snuck in a little more fishing.
While we looked for more treasures and took a million pictures.
That's my friend, a lighter version of Herman.  They'd make a cute couple.
Proof that we were near the airport.



It was a really nice area that we wished we would have visited sooner.
Dad caught crabs...I don't know how else to say that.

Jaws paid a visit.
Not really, it was a dolphin.
Speaking of dolphins.  We saw/heard several the night we fished.  It was sooo cool, even if they do scare the fish you are trying to catch.
Fish were jumping around all over the place.  It took a really long time to actually get a picture of one though.





One of my favorite pictures.  Reflections are cool.

So most of the fish we caught were too small to keep...but here's the keepers ;)
I should really tell those people standing by our fish to step back.
I'll let you decide if this was a fishing trip :)
I'm totally kidding.  I enjoyed every minute and will wrap up our trip in one more post...I think.

Comments

Popular Posts