Black Friday at Restore

Saturday we found a place to park and pushed our way (not really, I am more polite than that) to numerous bargains at Restore's half off sale. Jason had to work so mom joined me. Jason meet me after he got off and we picked through my selections and loaded them up on the trailer.
Here is what our trailer looked like. We also had smaller items in the back of the truck. We purchased one fan, several door knobs, cabinet pulls, faucets, the white cabinet above that is for the sink in the laundry room (We bought a sink/top brand new at the half off sale last year thinking we would use it in the kids' bathroom-but we ended up going a different route-this cabinet is the perfect size for the top, built well, and will look great after a paint job and new hardware), double doors for the gym and another door that we refer to as our secret door...even though it will not really be secretive...will just have to hear more about that later.
Mom and Jason unloaded the gym doors. These are really nice wooden doors with windows...and they are heavy so I was not the helper. As you can see in the picture, mom has way bigger muscles than me.
Mom and I cleaned up this window. We plan to put it in the upstairs game room in the wall that overlooks the kitchen. The upstairs area is going to be closed off for heating/cooling purposes, but we thought adding some old windows would be a way to kind of connect it. Mom had a great thought that I can't wait to use (hopefully next Christmas!) To put a Christmas tree in the game room in front of this window to see from downstairs. I think that will be so cute!
Jason installed the door knob in the balcony door. Yippee! I will finally not hurt my hand trying to open this door.
Before leaving to go home, relax, and BBQ, Jason worked on the kids' bathroom cabinet door and scraped the paint off the front of the drawer while mom did some sweeping.

Comments

Popular Posts