A Cold Blast from the Past

While browsing through photos from the trip looking for themes to blog about, I noticed many things reminded me of trips we took growing up. Like how we always took family pictures in front of the vehicle we drove. Most of the time we'd rent really cool (I'm being sarcastic...) vans. Yep, we're moving on up with our Grandpa camper shell this trip :) I kid, as you may have noticed how impressive the car I drive is...and look at the clothes I wear-I doubt I have room to make fun. But seriously, camper shells are so handy and keep your clothes and suitcases from getting snowed on. There...I said it honey. I love the camper shell!
Ok back to my reminiscing.
State Sign Photos
Every time we'd pass a state border, we stopped and took a picture by the sign...no matter how many bullet holes it had.
Cool Clothes
Remember when we all had fanny packs? Mine was Bart Simpson. Anyways, I actually took this picture for mom as a joke to show her that I discovered her favorite store. On serious shopping days, my mom still busts out her fanny pack. Now I know where I get some of my coolness from. Love you, mom. Rest Stop Lunches
(Though I'm not sure we ever had a picnic table that nice.)
Loads of Laundry from a Family of Four
(Actually I only imagine this one since I was not in charge of laundry back then.)
Our swim suits were frozen stiff from riding home wet in the back of the truck-yes, I am easily amused.
Free Entertainment
On Saturdays, community members ski down the mountain with flares. This would have been a little more enjoyable, but the ski lift was having issues so we stood in the cold for what seemed like hours. I have never been so cold.
Budget Trips-Saving a Dollar Whenever Possible
(Except mom didn't let us have two Bud Lights with dinner. Nice face, Mr. Welder.)
But Splurging Ever So Often Too
Except now we're a little more grown up. Weenie's straw is still in her cup instead of sticking out of her food.
Being Spoiled
Ordering Pizza
Being Spoiled Some More
Being spoiled makes me happy :)
Speaking of spoiled...Daisy stayed with mom and dad while we were away. When we got home she went straight to the bunk bed. Exactly how much was she pampered while we were away?! (After taking about 10 pictures to make sure I got a good one, to her pillow in the corner she went. We have rules at the Weld House!)
And the two sisters said cheers to childhood memories and making them live on!

Comments

Popular Posts