Home Body

I would say that the Welders have been taking some time to enjoy the Weld House...and we have, but we've mainly been busy away from home lately. I miss home so am hoping this week will include more time there. I had the nickname Romeo when I was younger. My dad called me that because I never wanted to stay home and always wanted to roam around. How things change...I never thought I'd become a home body. Friday night we did enjoy a nice evening at home. Mr. Welder spread grass seed.
Daisy played with a new toy.
She ran and galloped and tossed her new prize. Those pictures are blurry so you get a posed, serious photo.
This girl loves vegetables and was soon chomping on it.
Nutritious and delicious!
We grilled skewers of shrimp, bell pepper, onion and mushrooms outside. Speaking of my roaming days, I grew a pepper plant on my balcony of the apartment I lived in during college. It never grew an actual pepper. The plant was in a tin can and pretty, but I would guess it would need more room to grow roots to make a pepper. Mr. Welder decided to try his luck and planted a few seeds in an egg carton. If they sprout, we'll transplant the plants outside to the garden.
The gals steamed the other end of Daisy's toy.
And then it was time to pig out!
These nights are my favorite.
Laid back, low key, good food, cheap wine and being at home!
Have any of you dramatically changed when it comes to roaming or staying home?

Comments

  1. Blessings to y'all on your sweet happy home. I love going out and staying in equally, but being I married my best friend, we have a good time being together, wherever. But honestly, we could be some serious hermits is it wasn't for our girls. Your dinner looks yummy. Lucky dog with the broccoli stalk. I usually take the outer stalk off and chop up the stem and steam it too...its quite tasty, but doggy deserves some roughage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If our "kids" could go more places with us, I'd probably like going out more often too :) I miss them and Daisy does not like to be left behind. I always feel bad about tossing the stem. Normally I try to use everything with no waste. Crushed chips at the bottom of the bag...save those for taco salad or to add some crunch to soup-that kind of thing. For some reason, I never thought of being able to eat that part of the broccoli...I will have to try that next time-saving one for Daisy of course. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts