Future Farmers of America

Friday after the work day, Mr. Welder put in a little bit more work before it got dark.
He moved topsoil around the slab for the shop.
Mrs. Welder added a soap dispenser to the laundry room and the kids' bathroom. Both are made from recycled glass and are replicas of old jars. Very cute and available at Bee Angels in a variety of styles. If you want one, you better go quick. They were new Friday and have been best sellers.
Saturday another last trip was made to our Grandparents' place. The closing date was pushed back, which gave us time to get a few bulbs from Granny's garden. She mentioned a few times that I should get some started at my house and we just never got around to it.
Mr. Welder got in another last fish, as well.
And when we got back home, I planted two kinds of bulbs around this big tree.
And Irises around this tree. I will always think of Granny and how she had tons of these around her house. I hope I can just keep mine alive!
Mr. Welder completed more work around the shop slab.
A prowling panther almost got me.
Sunday afternoon, dad came over and spread the gravel for the extra section of driveway to the shop.
This angle gives you a better idea of where it all connects.
And mom helped me strip the locker. Almost finished with the first one, so a better sneak peek picture may make it on here before too long.
Oh, and we added to our onion garden. We planted a row and a half of potatoes. Yep, we are the future farmers of America.
P.S. Did you notice a new link at the top? I took updated pictures of the Weld House so we can have a fancy blog with a house tour :) I had fun trying to get decent pictures. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts