Baker's Man

Tuesday Jason decided to take a break and make a cake. Not really, but the paint color we
(finally) chose resembled cake batter, especially when Jason mixed it with his fancy "paint beater." To start the evening, we had paint color discussions. We were about to change the den/hall/kitchen color for the third time (leaving us with two $92 buckets of mixed paint with no where to live). I was this close to hopping in the truck and making another trip to Home Depot. So this is how it started: While looking at color samples for the office, I noticed a color I hadn't noticed before. It's called White Sage, which makes you think green, right? Well, it is, but it's not, but after holding up the little card, standing back, looking at this angle and that, we decided to stick with the second choice called Cappuccino White. Looking back, I think we may have just been nervous that we were actually going to do it and make the big paint commitment.
So we did it and I love it. It is the lightest color of the three, but with all the dark wood accents already in place and planned, I think this will provide the contrast look that always grabs my attention.Sorry the pictures are not the greatest this post. I was distracted by these guys and when I turned on my camera, I was shocked at how many pictures I didn't take. Jason's mom gave us these nightstands that she no longer used and here they are waiting to be made over for the master bedroom. Since the only two wall paint colors we had for the night were colors to be sprayed and only one person can spray, I decided to dedicate my time to one of the many projects that crowd the garage. It will be nice to have them ready when the big moving day arrives. They are still in the works, but coming along nicely. Stay tuned for the "after" picture.

Comments

Popular Posts