Dark vs. White

Monday while the guys were out catching fish to feed the family, the girls worked on the hutch that Jason's mom gave us a while back.
Mom took off the doors and hardware while I sanded. A look inside my brain during this process: "Hummm...this is looking kind of cute-do I really want to paint it?" Mom makes her way over, "That's cute." I did buy paint (Antique White) after church on Sunday, but you know me, always changing, or never making up my mind...plus Jason wasn't there to tell me what to do-a duty he knew he was taking on when he married me. I just felt like I needed to wait to decide after other elements are in place (pantry wall of old barn wood, cabinets darkly stained (at the moment-white could be the choice in any minute, Jason...), sheetrock ceiling...) before doing something I can't undo. We tested a few spray paint colors on some of the hardware, which confirmed my decision to wait. The color I initially thought would look best with the hutch's new look, did not look near as nice as the color that I thought would look awful. So even though I really am anxious to complete the hutch's makeover, I will wait until more of it's backdrop is constructed.

Comments

Popular Posts