A Day in the Life of a Welder...

Sometimes do you readers wonder what the heck is taking us so long to finish The Weld House? I know I do :) I mean it when I say we really are enjoying this project, but I also will be happy when sleep occupies a larger portion of our everyday schedule.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Welder
6:00 am
Alarm goes off, Welding Wife rolls over, and Jason makes coffee and feeds meowing Herman
6:20 am
Jason drags Wife out of bed and meets her outside in our special place under the canopy of trees. Hang out with Daisy and Herman, talk about what we need to do during the day, water the plants, etc.
6:55-7:30 am
Shower, dress, eat breakfast, feed Daisy, make bed (yes, we do this everyday)...and try to make it out the door. We are proud if it's in the 7:30-7:40 range-any later is not a good start to the day. Wipe sawdust off glasses from the night before on the way to work.
7:50-8:00 am
Arrive at our real jobs...ok so sometimes it's more like 8:05-8:10 but we've been better at being on time and I do think it is important to not be late...so I'm saying 8:00 because that's the goal and sometimes I even have to be early like 7:45 and so 8:00 is probably a good average.
8:00-12:00
Work-make moo-lah to spend on The Weld House, day dream about working on the house, sneak in a picture browsing session of house stuff occasionally
12:15-1:00 pm
Welding Wife drives over to scarf down leftovers with Jason at his work for lunch. And then we run one or a combination of these three errands most often: Home Depot for more supplies, Bee Angels to do some shop keeping, and HEB to hold us over for the next real grocery store trip which happens about twice a month...things like running out of toilet paper require this type trip. It's been a while since we've had a lunch where we've had the time to eat slow enough to actually taste our food-ok, that's exaggerating, but it's been crazy.
1:00-5:00 pm
More of the same of the 8:00-12:00 stuff. Wait and wait for 5:00!
5:20 pm
We get home. Breakfast and lunch dishes are washed, clothes are laid out for the next day. So I will let you in on a secret that really helps us have full-time jobs and get as much as we do done at the house. Sometimes, as the wife, I feel like it's cheating, but on most days mom cooks dinner for us and has it ready so we can scarf down supper too. On the days when mom doesn't cook, I usually heat up or prepare something quick. Thank goodness for mom's healthy cooking. I love to cook, so this is another thing I can't wait to have more time.
6:30ish pm
Arrive at The Weld House and work, work, work!
10:00-10:30 pm-
We aim to be at a good stopping point sometime during this range...sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't
10:30-11:00 am
Shower (me first, I'm the queen), snack (cookies for Jason, spoon of crunchy pb for me-milk for both) (supper has normally already worn off by this point and tummies are growling), insert other random chores here such as laundry if it is an earlier night or if Jason had a watermelon fight that afternoon the day he wore a white shirt and it just can't wait!
11:00-12:00
Get in bed, read if we need to wind-down, talk if we need to make the next plan, or immediately pass out and hope I remembered to set the alarm to do it all again the next day!
So you wanna come hang out with us ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts