Bless This Mess

Thursday, we both took a break from working at The Weld House. Thanks to dad for a fun, relaxing night at the CCA Shrimp Boil. We really enjoyed ourselves. Sometimes it is hard to stop and take a rest, especially when your old bedroom looks like this! Haunting, I know. This square room has this appearance from all angles. Each wall is lined with stuff, some stacked almost as tall as I am. Mom has a pathway to get to the closet where she keeps some of her clothes, but every other inch is covered. And not too long ago, one of the stacks crashed in the early morning hours. Luckily the items that ended up broken were old prom glasses and a few of my dog figurines that I collected as a kiddo. I think that was God with the assistance of gravity, getting rid of some of the junk I probably don't need...and keeping the junk that I need safe :) I really have no idea what I even have to be honest. Most of the stuff is wedding gifts that we opened and stored here immediately after, along with some of my old childhood stuff and more recent (purchased during these last two house building years) garage sale/thrift store finds. It is going to be like Christmas when we move into the Weld House! And I also see a gigantic garage sale hosted by yours truly in the future. Though this room of stuff drives me somewhat crazy, I think it will come into play nicely. I am sure my taste has probably changed and some items may not be as great as I first thought (that is where the garage sale comes in), but having this collection of things I love(d) will be great to have when it comes time to decorate/furnish and make our house a home. Like the magazines always talk about, I hope this will allow our home to look like we chose embellishments special to us opposed to going on a shopping spree to fill up the house. I am really looking forward to unloading this room, filling our house with meaningful and unique items, and clearing out the no longer needed clutter during the process.

Comments

Popular Posts