Three Strikes and You Win

After a trip to Home Depot (Friday evening), Jason started his Saturday painting the laundry room Crisp Linen White. With that name, it must be the perfect color.
My fun job was to take down all the paper and scrub off any sticky residue left by the tape, any sheetrock texture that happened to land in mysterious areas, and any paint that happened to overspray beyond the paper or things that just never got taped...
Jason decided to be tidy and haul all the paint buckets to the garage attic. Already coming in handy!
Then it was time to work on the pantry.
We used the wood from the barn we tore down-the demolition that took place before the A-frame-where we had all of our cow friends.
I really thought I would be finished with my job by mid-morning...but nope. I think I will vent for just a minute-hopefully in a fun and sarcastic (glad it's over) kind of way. So first, let me talk about tape. Tape-how come you were not strong enough to hold up the paper long enough for us to finish painting but you were strong and icky enough to leave little gummy patches here and there? Sheetrock guys...I could never live with you. Ok-so I am kind of picky, but I am not unrealistic. I can totally understand when there is a little texture along the edges where you just couldn't quite tape off our weird ceilings perfectly-fine that's what trim is for. But what's this business of texture in the middle of the barn wood wall in the master bedroom, texture on the barn wood ceiling in the master bath along the shower that has no sheetrock since it will be rocked...and let me just say almost every window sill was covered in the gunk...but one (in the middle of a sheetrock wall) was almost perfectly clean, so I know it's possible! Not to mention texture all over the tallest part of the gym wall that has no sheetrock near...and that is still there because I am too scared of the rickety ladder that reaches that high. So maybe I hold too much of a grudge, but after cleaning up your broken beer bottles and watching Jason fix holes you poked and sliced in our insulation...it's hard to be positive about the experience. Have you ever tried to clean texture from barn wood? (And in case you're wondering-we did not hire some cuckoos off the street-this was from a reputable company that probably sheetrocked many of your houses...I am not sure what happened.) Then overspray...this was really minimal and an easy cleanup. Those non-taped areas-that's a different story. No, holding up a shield (not sure this actually happened) is not good enough. Taping it off is the only answer. I can't gripe much here since I know the culprit, Jason, will read this-ha. But I will just say I am glad that "I want to kill you" feeling wears off after the mess is cleaned up...and really the only room that could have used more taping was the office, which was one of the last rooms I cleaned and my neck and back were really aching from looking up all day by this point. Jason really did do an awesome job of painting practically our entire house and he's my hubby so I have grown to accept cleaning up his messes. And plus he painted my laundry room three times for me...I admit we both put up with one another's "annoying-ness." It is definitely not one-sided :) So enough of my whining...just wanted to keep it real.
And at least the crew was getting things done while I cleaned and cleaned all day. Dad worked on more electrical plugs and switches and finished the majority of the first floor.
Mom and Jason pressure washed more barn wood after running out.
Jason and his happy helper continued covering the pantry.
And here's how it looked at the end of Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts