Tape Me Home Already...

Monday during lunch we purchased two more 5 gallon buckets of primer along with tape and paper. We decided to tape off all of the ceilings that would not be painted to allow us to spray the walls without getting the over spray on the ceilings. Downstairs, this is every room except the closets and hallway.Though taping was not a fast process, it did save the time of having to brush paint along the edges. Even though the only picture we have is of Jason taping, that was my job after this first (actually second-I taped the pantry first) room. I taped and he came right behind and primed. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the humidity will not cause the paper to fall before we come back to paint. I think we will roll instead of spray the rooms but I think the tape and paper will still come in handy if still in place. We have not decided on all the paint colors but think we will have one main neutral color that will be applied to the den/kitchen/hall walls and ceiling. This color will most likely end up in the closets and master bath, as well. So at this point, we are thinking we might spray that one color since it will be in lots of places, but will roll the rest...sorry I'm rambling about stuff that is probably not of much interest :)
We ended with the laundry room leaving only the kids' bathroom unfinished on the first floor. I was so pooped from standing on a ladder and taping for around 5 hours. After we get more primer and tape we will finish the bathroom and move upstairs...and for some strange reason getting back to it, excites me :)

Comments

Popular Posts