Jealousy and Bald Spots Aren't a Good Look for Me

Well, it's almost been a week of our new lifestyle. I thought you might be interested in knowing how it's been going and also you've probably noticed that I just like to ramble and reflect and record about our life. Putting posts together does something for me. It's basically my journal with pictures-that is out there for anyone to see...that part feels kind of strange at times, but I have nothing to hide...and if I do, I just don't post about it, right? It's also kind of fun to act like I'm talking to someone instead of just talking to myself like a paper journal tucked in your nightstand. And haven't you always read that a journal is a healthy thing to do for your mental health? Mine can always use improving. And it makes sense. I think it helps to reflect on the exciting, fun parts of your day and forget about how it's so-not-fair how your husband walks around in his underwear, drinking coffee, watering the plants, getting ready to go for a jog as you rush out the door running late for work? And how he gets to spend extra time with Daisy and Herman and has the flexibility to stop by the lake since it's "right by the accountant's office"? Ok, so maybe journaling doesn't make things disappear, but I'll quit picking on Mr. Welder and brag on him for a bit. I know things will change as things progress, but I'm happy Mr. Welder's had time to take a few breaks and enjoy things for a bit. I also appreciate how the dishes are washed when I get home from work and how he wanted to learn (asked me to show him) how to do laundry (not that he's never done it before I came along, but wanted to know my method) so when the weekend arrives, I'll have less housework. Is it weird that though I appreciate these things, it's also hard for me to let go of these duties...even just one load of laundry? The only explanation I can come up with (to justify my goofiness) is that I gain fulfillment from taking care of the Weld House and the life that is being lived in it. So that is why it kind of feels like Mr. Welder is stealing from me. (And this is where the wives all scream, "I wish my husband would steal from me!") I know that soon Mr. Welder will (hopefully) be a blowing and a going, so I should (and will) just enjoy the pampering while it lasts instead of being a weirdo and feeling like I'm really missing out on something such as hanging jeans on the line to dry.


So now that I've updated you on my weird, emotional state, I'll go on to say that this week has been a blessing. The first Weld House Homes project of building Mr. Welder's brother's house is moving along and bids are being worked on for two other repair/remodeling type jobs. Even though we may not get either job, it is really encouraging that two people thought of us during the first week! And I can tell Mr. Welder has enjoyed meeting the nice people. Business accounts, insurance, spreadsheets and all that fun stuff have also been lined up this week and I'm thankful for the progress that has been made there. To summarize this first week in a few words instead of paragraphs of rambling, Week One has been different but exciting, a little scary but encouraging, and enjoyed but productive. I am happy for and proud of Mr. Welder and look forward to being a part of the Weld House Homes adventure.


Speaking of adventure, Mr. Welder had an adventure that I am completely jealous of. Mr. Welder was in town running errands around lunch time so stopped by my work to steal some of my chicken nuggets...I mean to tell me hi. I needed to run by Bee Angels so we left at the same time. I remembered I wanted to stop by Restore and pick up some stencils for a project I might get to work on soon. I pulled in and Mr. Welder made the block to join me...copycat. Right off we found a treasure I talked about here. During conversation with the guy we always talk to at Restore, we found out they were headed over to this warehouse that was packed full of old stuff. Mr. Welder asked if they needed help and they did. So he got to go snooping around in an old warehouse (two actually) with a bunch of old stuff...oh, and lift and carry and move a bunch of stuff. He had a blast, and though I was just a little jealous, I was really happy he was able to have this cool experience and also help out Habitat for Humanity. I can't deny that the surprise he found and bought me didn't make my happiness grow.

When I got home, I asked what he'd been doing since his adventure and he said, "You'll see eventually." Of course, I wanted to see now. He paused and then gave me a hint that if I looked at the Weld House to-do list I might just notice an item recently crossed off. So I scanned and scanned the scribbled pages and finally noticed that "art room desk" was scratched from the list. I dashed upstairs, Mr. Welder following with the camera, to find this! Yes, this old rusty desk (that fits perfectly in my skinny spot and has cool compartments) is the best gift ever! (I know some of you husbands out there are thinking dang, wish my wife would get this excited over a piece of scrap metal...just remember I'm the weird emotional lady who can't just be happy about having her laundry done.) My hubby may not tell me I have a bald spot or that my tag is sticking out before snapping my picture, but at least he's considerate and left some old stuff in the top drawer so I could have fun snooping too ;) Moments like these make you realize that your husband really knows you, and moments like that make all the jealousy and bald spots disappear...

Comments

  1. I am so glad for you both (I understand how hard it is to let go, but do it if you can for a while at least). My mom said she was so happy to meet your husband and that he was so polite...she was impressed. Thank you and say thank you to Jason. I love journaling and blogging equally so I completely see your perspective about recording the daily things for posterity. You and Jason are good to each other...it is an encouragement to see...that type of consideration for each others needs, dreams and hopes is what it takes for the long haul....that and lots of Love and Grace. Ah, the beauty of a three strand cord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment. It's so easy to take things for granted. I am so blessed to have such a great husband, friend and partner in life and sometimes blogging about it, helps my heart feel more thankful! For me, putting it in words makes God's gifts seem more real and easier to realize and appreciate more deeply. Jason enjoyed visiting with your mom. Thanks again for telling her about us. I know I'm corny sometimes, but the email you sent (that felt so encouraging) will always have a special place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE THE SAME CHAIR, SAME COLOR, BUT WITH ARMS!!! I love it! Congrats on this new chapter, remember everything happens for a reason and you guys will do fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts