Standing in the Corner is Fun

How have you all been liking these super windy days? Friday we were having our weekly BBQ when we heard a cracking noise. It seemed like it had calmed down but I guess this limb just couldn't take it anymore. Daisy had fun snooping before it was chopped for firewood. This picture is random but funny. We mowed and I guess Mr. Welder snapped this picture. I'm sure he just wanted to show off his John Deere...not his old lady wife. Remember this guy I bought at Restore way back? Well I finally got around to doing something with it.
And remember how I showed you this embarrassing corner shot of the master bedroom? Well, I hung out in the corner this weekend. I painted the door...which was kind of hard since we stripped ALL of the layers of paint from it thinking we might stain it.

The lighting seemed just right for someone who just holds her breath and snaps away so I snapped and snapped tons of photos to share. And this is only some of them! They seem a tad blurrier after being uploaded to blogger. Now I'll just zip my lips and let you look without me talking...








See, I can be quiet. I don't think I ever showed you this chest at the end of the bed we scored at an estate sale across the street a month or two ago.


Originally I was going to paint the frame around the big, rectangle mirror (the new one, in the corner) a light gray (same as the wall color) or lighter gray (like the door and vanity) and of course rough it up a little. But, I also liked it the original color (even though it's kind of goldy...but not too much) and knew once I got out the paint brush it would be almost impossible to ever go back so decided to live with it for a while knowing that I could always paint it later. I forgot to take a close up shot (you can kind of see it in the 7th pic from the last), but the original frame color coordinates with the door knob plate, which I thought was nice... Any thoughts or suggestions?



Oh and if you're wondering, I bought the mirror at a garage sale having no clue where I'd hang it. I mainly bought it because the nice couple persuaded me into thinking I needed it...and I'm glad they did. Especially since they took $25 instead of the marked $35...you know, since I didn't know what I was going to do with it anyways :)




Oh, and I never do this...probably because I am not sure how but I'm going to try to enter this to a linky party. We'll see what happens...


Ok, I couldn't figure out the button deal but maybe this will work.


Comments

  1. Your bedroom is looking so beautiful!! And on my gosh...that wood wall is A-MAZING! I just caught the glimpse in the mirror, and had to see more so I went searching for more pics. I seriously can't wait for you to finish. And I'm kind of in love with your whole house. The finishes are amazing...from the wood walls, the stone, the corrugated metal (I guess that's what it's called). It's so unique and beautiful. I look forward to seeing how everything progresses with the decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post on your blog, Kristi! It made my day and was such a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts