Break Time

Friday the Welding Wife was released from her real job duties at noon, which gave her time to bring in some Spring and do a little Spring cleaning (including bleaching the white comforter her husband loves spilling coffee on each morning.) I really like cleaning and having things clean. My motto is to just do it when in the mood and it will be fun. Guess some people never get in the mood, but if I am in the mood, I do enjoy it. Another way to make cleaning more exciting is to rearrange your decor to trick your mind into thinking you got something new!
Though I did not have tons of time, I brought in some of the beauty from outside to freshen things up. Isn't this time of year gorgeous?
It was so nice having the chores caught up when Jason got off work. Then we were able to enjoy a cold one in fancy mugs on a cute table that I bought at a garage sale for $2 a few weeks ago. This jewel was piled with junk when I spotted it. I wasn't even sure if it was for sale and there was no price tag. The young man went inside to ask his mom...I can just imagine the conversation. "Someone wants to buy THAT table?!?" "Gosh, make it cheap so we can get rid of that piece!" Happy I could make their day :) I can imagine it on our balcony as a plant stand one day.
Jason had a little taste before the photo shoot-ha! I rarely have a beer but the fancy mugs made it too enticing to pass.
Daisy was hunting but Herman chilled with us.
I brought the wood for the fire home from the brush pile next door in the back of my car. After Jason unloaded it, I wondered why he left the trunk open. Probably the same reason he leaves the cabinet door open after he gets out the garlic powder!
Or because Herman thought it was his new club house.

Comments

Popular Posts