Three's a Crowd

Wednesday we headed back to the site of the barn we tore down this last weekend to do some final cleaning. Well, Jason cleaned while I had a photo session with the super friendly (nosey) cows.
Jason used this magnet on wheels (while Betsy supervised) to pick up the nails left after burning the scrap wood.
As you can see by the crowd, it was a very interesting process.

I was mesmerized by the cows again and took a million pictures, but I tried to narrow it down to share just a few with you. But if you are needing a picture of a cow (or maybe a bull to make a "Do not be a bully" poster for your class if you are a teacher or something) I probably have one in my portfolio and will be happy to share. I think part of the thrill is that I was actually quite scared getting this close to such a large animal.
Get my good side

So enough cow mess...it was time to get to work at the Weld House.
We got right to it and continued with the wall in our master bedroom.
We discussed and previewed a few ideas for trim.
And to finish up the last row, we (finally) used Jason's newest toy to saw it the perfect width. Worked like a charm.
And bang bang (that's the nail gun noise), we were super pleased with the end result. Visions of bedding and furnishings dancing in my head! During the process of putting up this wall, my mind was all over the place while trying to imagine a "look" for this room. And when it was complete, it all of a sudden was clear. Now I just hope I can make it all happen...of course we are still a bit away from that stage, but a girl can dream!
And sweet Daisy was working hard all night as well rearranging our wood pile for us. We heard a bark here, a yap there and called her to come and checked on her numerous times and tried to get her to stay near the house and away from the snake territory, but every time we started the saw back up, she took that as her cue to go back to it.
A happy, panting Daisy breathing on my leg the entire way home :)

Comments

Popular Posts