Floor-geous

Monday we arrived at the Weld House and took a look at the upstairs floor. The flooring pros are not completely finished (I say that due to the fact that they still have their trailer there) but boy did the floors look so pretty. We decided to skip the staining step and leave the natural wood with a clear coat and I love it. You can really see the grain of the wood, the different shades, and where all the pieces meet. I am not sure how they could have anything left to do to make it look any better, but the time, effort, and money that produced this end result was well worth it.
One floor of floors in good shape and then it was back to the first floor. We discovered that we are a tad short on the amount of flooring we have to finish the first floor like we wished. After some worrying, calling, thinking outside of the box, and more calling, we discovered the discontinued flooring is still available in the quantity we need. It's funny how you can talk to one person and then a different person at the same company and get two totally different answers. I am not sure what made Mr. Welder call back, but I am glad he did. Personally, I was never worried, I knew Mr. Welder would figure something out because he always does. If everything goes like the second salesperson said, we will be able to pick up the extra 10 or so boxes on Friday.
Dad installed the master bathroom toilet.
Mr. Welder installed the base board in the toilet closet in the meantime.
Daisy and I were really busy.
Mr. Welder finally thought of something I could work on. He wanted me to take this door off the hinges since the bottom would have to be cut off to fit over the flooring. Once I figured out I had the drill rotating the wrong way (and after poking two holes in the door while burning out on the screw heads...good thing it's rustic) the door was no longer attached to the hinges.
Mom and I still could not get it out of the frame due to the flooring and part of the hinge being in the way, and the little backer strip deal not allowing the door to tilt backwards, so I still had to get Mr. Welder's assistance ;) But the door is out of the way and can be adjusted.
Another potty!
Mom and dad worked on the plugs in the kitchen backsplash. I grabbed one box of the wrong color so they could not finish since I need to exchange them (dang can I do anything right!), but the three they were able to do look great. Dad chiseled the rock to allow the covers to fit perfectly. It took quite a bit of extra time but it was worth it...to me anyways ;)
Mr. Welder continued to trim out the floor with baseboards. He finished the master bathroom except for around the shower and tub since we need to buy something special for those areas. Looks so nice and finished.
Before proceeding some repair work had to be completed on the saw. I was going to try to explain this but I will spare you. You're welcome.
And then it was back in operation.
He started the trim in the kid's bathroom before calling it a night.

Comments

Popular Posts