So Boring, I'm Snoring

Monday, the guys decided to take a break from the downstairs to finish up the few loose ends upstairs. I guess the $55/hour (for 4-8 hours) estimate we got from the pros was the motivation we needed to quit putting this off. Since it did not sound like it would include me, I asked Mr. Welder what I could do. He said more flooring. So I got started in the master bedroom where we left off, but I guess he was joking or afraid I would finish without him because when he came to check on my progress (which was almost a row and pretty darn good if I must say so myself) he said he needed my help upstairs...
So basically I fetched tools, took pictures, sat around bored, and chiseled a few things (definitely the highlight). As you can see, where the wood floor met the rock wall, there was a gap.
Mr. Welder started in the office where he did some fancy sketching.
And then jigsawing.
Dad focused his efforts in the game room.
First, he finished the area in front of the balcony door.
Perfect.
Mr. Welder moving right along.
Then the guys joined efforts and finished along the rock in the game room.
By this point, I was beyond bored, so I decided I would join Daisy and take a nap. When I laid down beside her in the game room, she got up and went into the gym to be alone. Teenagers!
It must have been cozy in there because we were closing up for the night when we realized she was still up there snoozing. We called and called before she appeared at the top of the stairs stretching and groaning. She slept walked to the truck and was so tired she did not even check out the progress before leaving. But above is a shot of the finished game room.
And the office. The refinishing could happen this week. That sounds much more exciting, don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts