Turn that Frown Upside Down

Thursday evening started with a sad face. A few weeks ago, I found a lock set that was identical to the one on our garage/kitchen door at Restore. I bought it for the big door on the A-frame wall. It had the keys attached and everything. Well, everything except the door knob. Duh! I am easily confused. I went back to Restore Thursday and found a door knob that I thought would complete the set. It didn't. It lacked the holes for screws. Dad thinks he has one lying around that might work though.
After fiddling with the lock portion of the set for quite some time, (it was all there-just off whack) and dad telling me to quit buying this stuff, he finally got it to work! I wasn't ever going to obey his "quit buying this junk" and especially not now :) Though I did tell him after a few minutes to not worry about it, that I would go to Home Depot and get a new one. He is stubborn like me.
Mr. Welder continued cutting door jambs to prepare for the flooring of the first floor.
Dad painted the caulk in the stair well.
And I painted it around the duct work.
The guys cleaned up the second floor.
Down the scaffolding went.
Next, the guys finished this side of the skinny dance floor in the stair well.
And the gals started to clean the garage...well, mom spent her entire night cleaning, but I finally joined her. My mom is a clean machine.
All I can say is disgusting. Every single thing was gross. Cobwebs and dust galore. We got a good start and will be happy to have everything organized since we will soon be moving everything out of the house into the garage to start the flooring downstairs.

Comments

Popular Posts