Wacky Weed

So the story I am about to tell doesn't make me look the smartest, but it's funny, so I'll tell on myself. Plus the picture is pretty good too. I bought a cream pitcher last week at Caritas. I have a thing for these and like to use them for vases so thought I would add some Fall color to the house. Friday, on the way home from work, I noticed these pretty yellow weeds along the road. Mr. Welder said he would go pick me some. I guess he forgot the size of my new vase I referred to, which was the first funny site. So the picture above was all we knew that was funny at first. Little vase, big bunch of weeds, and mismatched socks. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but Jason refuses to wear the new socks I bought him. He is saving them for when we move. One night we were talking about things we could not wait to do when we moved-things like stop rushing, cook dinner, work on projects, go to bed at a decent hour...and Jason added he couldn't wait to wear good socks again. Ha. I laughed my butt off. I told him life was hectic, and sure we did not shop often, but I could probably find time to buy him new socks. So I did, but he refuses to wear them until we move. Guess it is the motivation he needs to keep working or maybe it's the fact they are all packed in a sack and easier to move that way. I am not sure, but my Welder wears ratty (and often mismatched) socks.
So I clipped the big weed bunch to fit into a few pitchers and I set them around the house. The next morning we were looking at the newspaper at mom's where our lovely weed was pictured alongside an article that talked about allergies, Ragweed, and high levels. Huh, I always heard about Ragweed but had no idea it was actually pretty. I guess we are not allergic to it since we both felt fine but am glad I learned for future days. I don't think a get together with lovely Ragweed decorating the place would contribute to a good time. Maybe next time I'll try decorating with Poison Ivy...
After we finished laughing at ourselves it was time to get to work at the Weld House. I vacuumed the bathroom and art room since they were next to be floored.
Dad took the day off to hang out with his friends at the deer lease, so lucky me, got to continue sharpening my measuring skills. I laid out runs that would make it across the width of the bathroom. And Mr. Welder nailed them into place.
We moved right along to the art room.
I measured more runs. And Mr. Welder cut them to fit.
The art room was finished.Thanks to mom and my sister for keeping the wood supply flowing. Another tedious task but very important.
We moved on to the office.
I know you get the point, that I did a lot of measuring and organizing, but Daisy wanted this picture to show how much she helped too.
And here is where we left off at the end of Saturday.
Time to go home, sit back, and smell the Ragweed.

Comments

Popular Posts