Family Photos

I decided to decorate the kids' bathroom with portraits of our kids. I found Herman's frame at a thrift store and Daisy's at a garage sale. I can't remember exactly but the thrift store frame was less than $1 and the lady at the garage sale told me to take it. This really does happen to me quite often...
The bathtub was my grandparents' and while cleaning up their place, my mom saved it from the scrap yard. For her birthday we bought her flowers to plant in it, but Daisy decided it was a nice cool place to hang out this summer. And with that cute face, no wonder she did not get in trouble. Mom snapped the picture and I added a watercolor effect or something and printed it black and white.
Definitely a super cheap project that really adds some interest to the bathroom.
My dad helped me secure the backings since they were the kind held together by staples-not the easy bendy things. Mr. Welder repositioned the hangers and hung them for me. Team work.
We've also been working on the entertainment center and the orange table a little each night. Here you can see the entertainment center's plywood back was replaced, so the new one does not have random holes cut in both sections. I am thinking we will have our TV and other TV stuff in the top section but the bottom section will be decorative.
Another night. Another coat of paint and more work on the table. I do not aim to get the table perfect. My goal is to not think it's orange when you look at it. I think it is there?
The entertainment center is looking chocolatey. The glass was busted out of the bottom cabinet doors too. On purpose. We want to do something different there, but you will just have to wait and see. Since I have to, you do to :)

Comments

Popular Posts