Sprucing the Weld House

Between church, a Christmas party and a Birthday party, Mrs. Welder snuck in a little Christmas sprucing on Sunday. This picture isn't the greatest (what's new?) but here is our Christmas card table. A tree limb from the yard in a soup can filled with rocks displays the flat cards attached with mini clothes pins, and the folded cards jazz up the table top. Notice another new addition? Mr. Welder snuck the old timey saw on the pantry wall one night last week. I do like the saw (thanks Junior for your decor contribution-it was his grandpa's), this is just not where I would have exactly placed it-this wall might be ok-it just seems a little high, though the crazy tree limb helps...but that is one of the good things about rustic walls. Another nail hole will never be noticed if it is ever moved.
Christmas pillows that Jason's mom actually handmade for my mom years ago decorate the couch. They both worked at the same school and were secret pals. Mom kindly let me borrow them, and I think they are the perfect touch. As I mentioned last year, I have a small collection of nativity scenes. Here you can (kinda) see a few on the small, pedestal table to the right and the table by the rock wall.
Fresh greenery clipped from our tree was added to the bathroom.
An old Santa mug to spruce up the medicine cabinet. I love fresh greenery (anything from nature actually) and I really don't care if it's messy. That is what a vacuum is for. And I'm used to messy-after all I live with Mr. Welder-ha, love you, honey.
The hutch in the breakfast nook has my other small collection, which consists of old Santas, and a crystal nativity scene Jason bought me on one of our weekend getaways we used to take frequently. Hopefully more of those getaways are in the near future, though the new hasn't worn off the Weld House and I imagine simply staying there will be really fun for a while too.
And this is not spruced up for Christmas, but the office received some organizing. I am hoping to display the volumes of Weld House scrap books my mom compiled here for our Happy New Year Housewarming Party that is being planned.
A little more greenery for the back door.
After the birthday party, instead of crossing off a few things from the to-do list, we decided to take advantage of the cold weather and enjoy our first fire in the wood stove.
It was so nice and cozy.
Cheers to relaxing :)

Comments

  1. Love the sprucing up! The old saw could afford to have some cards - or ornaments - hung on it! Love the piece that showcases your branch in a can! How nice to cozy up to the fire...home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts