Close the Door and Tons More

This is a long post. The weekend was full of fun progress. To start, Mrs. Welder took the day off Friday to hang out with this girl.
Several hours, a day, and a seat recovering later, she looked like this.
Curtains were added the day after that when I had mom's expertise.
While cleaning out the garage, I stumbled upon this old drawer. The bottom was thick galvanized tin and the outside was painted gray so the master bedroom came to mind.
After I got him all nice and clean, up on the wall he went.
I gathered a few of my small vases, tucked in a Boxwood sprig, and now the master bedroom is a tad more interesting.
I love furniture on wheels, crusty ones that do not even work that great are the best.
Progress was made on the front bedroom where the garage sale bed I mentioned last week lives. Mom bought me the chenille bedspread-yes, it's actually new and not handmade. My mom sewed the pillow case on the decorative pillow years and years ago.
On the opposite wall we have a Salvation Army piece I bought exactly a year ago for my shop. Plans change but things always seem to work out in the end. The lamp is quite unusual. I bought it at a garage sale probably over a year ago. Mom did some major cleaning and reworking of the shade. It was a little too jazzy for our taste. And that is my Restore rocker you may remember. I call it the hippie chair?
And the next day curtains were added. These were either from a garage sale or from my sister's house. She took all those that came with her house down because they were ugly. Ha, so if these were hers, I will know what she thinks of my decor.
I addressed our Christmas cards by the warm cozy fire. Mr. Welder decided to bring in the entertainment center he has been working on.
The middle section is huge. But he was determined.
It's a work in progress, but moving along and looking great.
In the bag of old curtains and linens mom and I came across this table cloth. I thought it was pretty so needed to be used for something.
We gathered the corners and tied it with twine to nails. We only had two curtain rods and they were already hanging, so we improvised.
The weekend also included garage cleaning and organizing.
Mr. Welder built a back for his peg board.
And we hung it.
And two of the four windows were trimmed. Is it strange to think the garage is even looking cute?
My dad's project was working on door knobs. What a fun selection he had to choose from.
The guest bathroom was top priority since we have two parties taking place at The Weld House in the next two weeks.
Now our guests can use the facility in style...you know, with the door closed.
The master bedroom door was originally a slide across kind of door, which meant quite a bit of wood chiseling.
My dad can make anything work, and I think it's beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts