Stealing and Stripping

Sunday, Mr. Welder unloaded his Restore prize.
A bit dirty, but perfect storage for the garage!
Mrs. Welder put the hutch back together and unloaded a few of the fishing decor boxes.
That afternoon, dad worked on securing the trap door.
Mom decorated the balcony with garland and lights.
Some hard to reach places were cleaned.
Dad also installed a door knob on the bathroom upstairs. So cute.
The fishing collection.
Oh, and we decided to leave the hutch sanded instead of painting it a similar color and distressing it again. I did spray paint the hardware to get rid of the brass and I also decided to leave the shelving open instead of putting the glass back. The glass used to have brass grid embellishments. Eventually I may put the glass back without the grids, or we may do chicken wire or keep them open. For now, this will work.
The garland and red lights. I meant to try taking a picture when it got dark, but never did. It is very festive.
After installing the mantles, I hung the stockings. Ok, so I do not know how to run the saw alone, so the mantles are a little on the long side. I figure this way, they will drive Mr. Welder crazy, and he will cut them soon.
He was busy in the garage organizing and getting everything in place. And did you notice? That sniper! The half locker that he did not even want at first, he stole it from me. "But it makes the perfect storage for my welding materials." And it does. I will have to give you guys a peek inside one day.
So Mr. Welder has taken up stealing but Mrs. Welder is stripping again :) Instead of painting the table legs, she decided to strip and sand them. Burr, was it cold.

Comments

Popular Posts