Random Ramblings

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I thought I would share a few random shots from ours. Mr. Welder's turkey frying was a success. After injecting it with marinade, I put the seasoning stuff under the skin. We had no clue, but the directions said to put it under the skin...Mr. Welder did not want to cut the skin back since it would be floating in the fryer, so he poured seasoning in my hands. I closed my hands in fists, and then went under the skin, opened my hands and rubbed it on the turkey. It was rather creepy. I am sure there is a better way. After that I decided to make room on a different shelf in the fridge...and ended up spilling a whole pitcher of tea. I spent an hour taking it all apart and cleaning it...
But the turkey was delicious. I used leftovers to make homemade noodle soup, which wasn't bad either. Mr. Welder had three bowls.
Daisy acting nice so Santa would bring her presents.
Here's the family in front of the tree. We had a different group during different times of the day, but this is who was here for the photo session.
Mr. Welder played some violin music from the trap door before I made him close and lock it back up. We hide the key. I'm thinking I might need to hide it from him too.
We did some furniture shopping. We are on the lookout for a couch for the game room and an armoire for the master bedroom TV. We found a couch we liked but had to order it and it would not be here before the housewarming party anyways, so we decided to wait since we have one more place we want to look that was not open.
The tree and Christmas decor was taken down. I am usually one of those take it down the next day kind of gals. My original plan was to leave it up an extra week for the party, but it was shedding big time so I undecorated (not near as fun as decorating, especially when it's dry and pokey) and Mr. Welder hauled it out.
After the tree was out of the way, he did some work on the entertainment center (it still isn't completely finished) and put the TV in. I miss the peace and quiet we had before...
Grandma brought us a rosemary bush on Christmas. I bought this wooden bucket from Goodwill just because I thought it was cute. It was perfect for the bush.
Mr. Welder hung the towel rack in the master bathroom.
I got these cleaned up and ready for a makeover. Mr. Welder had the pair from his house before we were married and we found the other 4 at a thrift store for $25. We plan to paint them. Not sure if we will do it before or after the housewarming. Mr. Welder thought he might paint them that day (since we are off work). So if you're coming, you might ask to make sure they are dry before you take a seat. Just kidding-I told him soon or after the party. Either way, they are clean and usable.
Monday, he put together one of his Christmas gifts-this machine. He also did a bunch of cleaning out and organizing in the gym. We have quite a collection of gym equipment for sale. Spread the word, if you know of anyone with New Year's resolutions that require fixing up the ol' home gym.
The Boat Shed sign was also hung this weekend. I made it for Mr. Welder's birthday. I don't think I ever showed it on here?
We left the fishing tree up for the housewarming party since it's fake and doesn't shed...and I was tired of taking down Christmas decor.
And I will end with this photo. The Boat Shed table was actually finished for that puzzle session. Our guests helped us get it up stairs. After I get a hold of a picture my sister took, I will show you what we used it for instead.

Comments

Popular Posts