Broken Bits Are the Pits

Monday evening the first project was locating a switch box that was covered by the sheetrockers. We thought something was strange when there were two switches for three lights in the office. After consulting the scrapbook, we confirmed the location of the third and cut out the sheetrock. Now the book nook light is brightened.
The Welding Wife distressed the island columns.
I thought this might better explain the purpose of the columns than my rambling. The counter top will overhang the island to provide a sitting area.
This picture gives you some idea of the extra trouble some of my old, bargain lights give. Here dad is testing and adjusting the polarity. Whatever that means.
Next, dad cut a hole for the electrical box for the art room light. I call this the eating saw dust position.
And it looks like the polarity was perfectly adjusted.
I got this light at a garage sale. I think it was $10. I like the look of the little pull chain but am happy it's now conveniently lit with the flip of a switch.
Two cheap lights for the kid closets. New cheap ones cost more than the cool, old ones. Though it was nice to take a break from cleaning layers of dust and cobwebs for a change.
Jason and my night did not go quite as smoothly as dad's. Jason did get the trim made for the game room. Then when I came and touched the trim I must have brought bad luck. The first screw to hold the trim went great, then the second resulted in two broken drill bits...the only two we had that were the right size. Jason went to search for alternative ways to finish the project while I held up the long piece of trim in the world's most uncomfortable position. I felt like I was training for Survivor (you know, where they have to balance or hold something up for a long time and whoever lasts the longest gets immunity?) with my arms above my head, my neck and body bent under the A/C duct. It was a frustrating end to the evening, but on the bright side next time will be better.

Comments

Popular Posts