LABOR Day

After a break from the Weld House on Sunday, much productivity was made on our Monday Labor Day holiday. Mom and I got back to work on the kitchen cabinets.
A few more safe positions.
And the guys got back to work on doors.
The door at the top of the stairs was installed.
The girls worked their booties off.
Well, two of the three girls did anyways. I should probably be punished for letting my mom work so hard.
At least I let her have the rolling bed?! We were determined to get this huge project crossed off the list.
Next, the gym doors were installed.
Up one goes.
Shim shimmering
After we were finally finished rolling around on the ground, we finished by staining the bottom sides of the shelves.
And here is how it looked at the end of the day. Let me just say that this was a big undertaking and without mom's help...I don't even want to imagine it. Having a hardworking partner made all the difference. I am very proud of us and happy with the results. After the weather gets less humid, Jason and I will complete the polyurethane coat, drying, sanding, and second coat before bringing the doors and drawers back and installing the hardware.
Pipe progress was made on the septic tank.
The gym doors.
And landing. Though it's hard not to let the pictures from the weekend make me think of all the trimming on our to-do list, I will focus on the fact that the to-do list is so much shorter than it was! And actually, trimming kind of sounds fun for a change :)

Comments

Popular Posts