Welcome to Ugly Island

Monday evening the Welding Wife rearranged the tools and put them on this cute cart from Mr. Welder's dad. Now the tools are ready to roll out of the way when we start flooring.
Next on the Welding Wife's agenda was to paint the island black. No, we still do not have the entire plan in place but it looks like black is the color choice.
This stage is always ugly and a little scary when you are doing it to something brand new opposed to old like has always been the case for me in the past. I can't wait to rough it up and give it a clear coat and turn the ugly duckling into the beauty queen :) (I hope!)
At this stage it kind of looks like our island is going to be a chalkboard. Chalkboards are all the craze these days...
I know my dad thinks I've lost my mind doing this, but I really think (and cross my fingers since I really have no idea) that this is going to set off the kitchen. With the wooden cabinets, wooden pantry and wood floor, I am hoping this will be just what we need to break up the wood we have here and there. It should also tie in the black wood burning stove and black fans for a lovely cohesive look. (Sounds good anyways)
Since I was so busy painting, I did not get any action shots of the guys. (The Welder did take a lot of me though, which is a bit out of the norm...hum, I think he wants proof in case the island turns out a disaster.) Unlike me, the guys made a lot of cute progress. The doors on the hut were trimmed and the light was installed. Kind of funny how this light is perfect (to me anyways) for this wall. My mom has had it in a few garage sales and the price tag was a big sticky mess since it had been on there for so long. Glad it never sold!
The light in the upstairs hut bathroom was installed.
And the window in the art room was trimmed. That is officially the last window.
And the other side of the office door was trimmed. Oh, and sorry mom if the title of this post made your stomach hurt when you first read it :) Do me a favor blog readers and cross your fingers that I will have a post titled "Welcome to Pretty Island" soon.

Comments

Popular Posts