More Light on the Subject

Dad had a collection of different length screws in his shop, so Sunday I was able to install the drawer hardware. And that was when I discovered this. And yes, the drawer was open the entire time. I wonder how many times I walked right by.

I was so happy to be able to finish this project!

Jason got back to work on the hut trim.

Dad filled in the swamp while Daisy looked on depressed.

I cleaned up all the old lights that have been lying around for quite some time and some that were bought just last week.

R.I.P. swamp. You were fun while you lasted.

The Welding Wife's next project was installing the little, felt bumper deals that keep the cabinet doors from closing with a whack.

A look at the island with its hardware minus one. With the guys help, I will add another knob to the fake door. It's always fun watching people try to open these.

Dad installing the $5 Restore light.

I believe that completes this wall!

Light in the master toilet closet. $12 at Restore. The dust and dirt was free.
I dug this picture out of the archives. $5 light hanging at Restore waiting for a makeover.

$5 light after the makeover being installed. Spray paint works miracles.


I don't think this one even required a bunch of extra work by my electrician. Now that's a bargain.

Mr. Welder completed an energy saving project. He is on top of the stairwell box that jets up into the office. The ceiling is wide barn wood slats that have gaps. To keep the second and first floors sealed, he added tar paper strips and boards to cover the gaps. I meant to take a picture of the finished project to help my confusing rambling but forgot.

The master closet light. This is another makeover. My friend gave me this fixture after she did some remodeling. Mom and I did some reconfiguring of the wires, which we learned was totally unnecessary and way more trouble than it would have been to simply flip the lights. Mr. Electrician fixed our mess as usual. Click here to see how this light looked before white spray paint magic and the flip-a-roo.

Mr. Welder cut these old columns to the correct length to be legs for the sitting area of the island. I sanded some of the old paint off to prepare them for painting.

The breakfast nook chandelier.

This light was given to us from Jason's grandma.

The office was paid some attention. Jason trimmed around the stairwell box.

Mom and dad installed this light and I added the crystals. Another new light from Lowe's.

You will see this light and my Granny's chandelier when you walk in the office door. My Granny's chandelier will hang in the center of the room above my office desk.
Stairwell box all nice and trimmed.Another new Lowe's light in the other corner of the office. This is a cramped little corner that I hope will one day be filled with book shelves for a book nook.

Jason worked on trimming the closets in the gym.

Now we just have to install the old latch/handle deals we found at Restore.


I painted the columns black to match the island. After they dry, I will distress them and give them a clear coat.

The guys built the last door frame! Thought this day would never come!

Taking it up!


And installed in the gym's HVAC closet! The girls had to entice the guys to take this momentous picture by delivering a cold one.

Random...but here is the picture I mentioned last post of the trim inside the hut.

Mr. Welder seeing what items can be crossed off his list. Happy about the productive weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts