Let's Get Ready to Rock!

On Sunday, Jason had his list of things that needed to be completed to get the house ready to rock. He felt happy to mark off building the balcony hand rail (he built it Saturday and it was installed Sunday afternoon.) The back columns will be rocked so the rail had to be in place. Here Jason and dad are putting on the last piece of rock trim on the back patio.
As I was walking...doing something...I saw this snake in the corner of my eye. The tree right by our back patio has a small hole at the bottom of it. The snake was sitting there inside on a rock. Jason shot it and dad held it up for me to get a pic-gross!

After the snakey distraction, the guys finished more trimming.
I worked on this angle iron pieces. They will go above the windows to make a ledge for the rock. First, I grinded off the rust.Then I painted them.
Jason and dad worked on installing the back door.
Getting it exactly in place...
Then we decided the wood needed to be cut off a little so the rock would cover it and be able to be flush with the door frame.
Dad got it started with this skill saw? Ha I think that is what it's called.
Then Jason used this other skinny saw deal to finish it off :)
Getting it back into place
I sanded the inside wooden part of the door.
And then gave it a clear coat. I plan to sand again and give it one more coat soon.
Jason did some finishing touches on the roof...
Then finished up the other side of trim...not sure why this picture is sideways but I don't know how to make it flip :)
And then we FINALLY got to take the ladder down!
I sanded the door frame with our newest sander, which I love by the way. It is a really fun one...added to my list of favorite power tools :) Jason sprayed the sandy paint on the door. I think we finally got the look we want. It actually looks like rust. Suggestion: If you ever want to use the sandy spray paint, first cover the area with a similar color, then use the sandy paint. The sandy paint takes a lot to cover so the first coat really helped.
Jason drilled the holes for our hose bibs. Now we just need the plumber to come do his part :)
Today we had the sand for the rock delivered to our house. Tomorrow the rock is scheduled to arrive along with the rockers. Depending on how things work out, they may start rocking tomorrow or the next day!

Comments

Popular Posts