Long Lunch

Thanks to our bosses, we were able to take a long lunch break yesterday and visit places that have hours that do not work well with our jobs. First, we went to Darden's to look at their rock selection. So many choices! I work well with process of elimination. I listed the numbers with prices. First, we marked off all that were out of our price range. Next, we marked off the ones we did not like or if two were similar, we figured out which one we like best and marked off the others. We ended up with two choices. Number 11
And Number 8
We are leaning towards 8 right now, but have not made our final decision. We plan to attend the Parade of Homes on Sunday so hopefully that will help.

Next, we visited Redwoods Inc. to purchase lap and gap cedar boards for the front door.
Jason studies the color chart. We bought a stain and sealer combo which will darken the wood a tad. We also plan to use it on the shutters.
Redwood Inc. has a lot of beautiful wood! Jason loads up our selections.
Last, we visited one of my favorite places, Restore. Mom and I had lunch on Wednesday, and I took pictures of a few things I thought we might use. The picture below is one of the pictures I sent. Jason did not like the lights (there are two), which I thought might work for beside our front door. He checked them out in real life when we went back, and liked them. Guess the picture did not do them justice! We have not decided if we will paint them black, leave them, or paint a different color. After we get the rock on the house and the door finished, we will decide.
Did I say I love the Restore?!?! Why?
1. The money you spend goes to Habitat for Humanity, an organization that seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness by building homes...warm fuzzies.
2. We are able to reuse (a form of recycling in my book) items that would have otherwise been thrown in the trash and piled up our landfills even higher.
3. They were a bargain, priced at $25 each! I love bargains!
4. They are always getting new stuff. A truck load came while we were there shopping. So many unique items you can find no where else! A fun treasure hunt every time!
5. A great place to take our unused materials that might otherwise clutter our new garage! Clutter drives me bonkers!
Below is another find...a wooden shelf...perfect for my potting shed! I think I might experiment with my shelf...rough it up with some sandpaper to add just a tad more character. I will let you know how it turns out.
Yippee! Jason said yes!
We did not go to work at the house last night. We went to visit our new nephew, Brenner. What a cute guy! We are so happy for our brother and sister, and may God bless their precious family. Like frugal (but thoughtful) gift ideas? Visit www.beeangels.blogspot.com to see oyr Congrats gift. Thanks Jason for being the patient and loving husband you are and being my driver in the quest for my projects :)

Comments

Popular Posts