Grandpa's Glaze

Sunday the guys prayed while they worked while the gals went to church. When the gals arrived with lunch they first noticed that the rest of the chimney was installed.
The second project that was completed before the sun got to its harshest position was the water was permanently connected to the house with a pipe instead of a water hose. I know, we're getting really fancy now.
And third we noticed someone hung my sign :)After lunch, mom and I tapped off the vanities to get them ready to be sprayed with a clear coat.
The guys installed the HVAC door after doing some minor work to the wobbly door. I sensed my old doors were causing a slight headache. I have learned to play dumb and look busy in the other room when this happens.

But as always, they made it work. Yippee!
Speaking of the A/C, the condensation/water problem was figured out Monday. One of the pipes that was covered in insulation was cracked in half...most likely by some of our favorite hired hands, but I will do no finger pointing :) I am just glad that is fixed and was noticed before wood flooring was installed.
I sealed the shower floor with four coats.
Next, I went around and sanded the sharp edges on all the doors the guys have been finishing.
The guys installed the house/garage door.
Making another frame.
Dad gave mom and me a lesson on glazing windows. I had no idea what this was and am pretty sure Grandpa was looking down from Heaven laughing at us using his old, slightly lumpy glaze. So in case you're like me and have no idea what glazing is, it's the white, caulk looking stuff that holds the glass panes in windows. I like old stuff, but I'll have to admit that I am super happy we have nice, new (energy efficient) windows for the outside of our house. Even though dad makes it look easy (like everything he does) glazing is not a new favorite past time of mine. These old windows will be used in the upstairs wall that overlooks the den.
Getting the door square.
And here is the blue side that looks inside the garage. Yes, the Welding Wife has another thing to paint on her list. This door used to live at my Great Uncle Jean and Aunt Nora Mae's house.
After dinner with the family, we headed back to spray the vanities. Most of you probably guessed this would not be a job for the Welding Wife. Spray painting is not one of her strengths.
Yes, we had the window open. It took a bit of testing to get the new cup sprayer to work just right, but in the end it saved tons of time since the other option was for me to brush it on. By the time we finish the kitchen cabinets, we're sure to be experts... or vowing to never do anything like this again.

Comments

Popular Posts