Hot as the Devil

Monday evening started out with my punishment for listening to the devil in temperatures that felt appropriate. I sanded and sanded the cedar door frame that I should not have stained. Gosh, I'm glad I only took the devil's advice for one side of one frame. I think Jason worked on vents outside or something. I was in trouble and could not leave the corner :) By the time I finished, Jason worked on his main project of finishing up the stairwell. First, he added more barn wood to this section you see when walking down the stairs.
Then added a piece of rusty tin.
On to the other side.
And finished by trimming it.
All finished until the final step, which will take place after the wood floor is installed.
I worked on a top secret project and then stained the remaining kitchen drawer fronts. Now I have the back of the doors and the frame of the cabinets left to stain. The island will probably be painted so have not started (or decided the exact color) on that yet.
And just to show off how smart we are getting, the Welders decided to use the screened windows to let the breeze in this time. (Don't you hate when you finally buy something fancy and forget to even use it!) We have not figured out a solution for the two garage doors we leave open while we work, but Jason is convinced the snakes do not like to slither on the gravel to come in that way. I hope he's right.

Comments

Popular Posts