Hole Evidence Concealed

Sunday, after sleeping in, late church, and lunch, we headed to the Weld House to cover up the last hole from our plumbing mishap. Jason added bead board wainscot and trim to the wall behind where the washer and dryer will go.I tapped it off and painted it.After the floor is installed another trim board will finally totally conceal the hole evidence. Dad knocked down the temporary electric pole.
And moved it out of the way.
Since I had the white paint out, I gave the A/C closet floors a coat...burr it's cold in there-not.
And the guys got to work on the cabinet problem. I don't know why I ever waste my time worrying about stuff, they always fix it! My heroes.
The trim and tin were removed. The plywood was cut smaller. A new piece of tin was cut and here Jason is replacing it.
Next side.Putting the trim back in place.
And just like that (well, not really, it was more of a pain in the booty-I asked Jason) no more ugly plywood sticking up above the two lower cabinets. Did you notice on the first post? Go back and check it out!Here's a bad picture from the other side since I noticed I did not take one the other day, but it gives you an idea.
Next, the guys added the trim down the middle of the den ceiling.
Finished.
After our weekly Sunday dinner, the Welders got back to work. Here Jason is building one of the walls for the water heater closet.
Putting it in place.
Then since we were out of stud boards to finish framing the water heater closet, we trimmed the laundry door.
Finished...don't you like how much I am saying that these days!
Then it was time to go nighty night and dream about cabinets and stain choices. We've done some research and asking around and have learned that Alder wood needs to be conditioned before staining for a non-blotchy look. A tad more experimenting before taking on this gigantic project :)

Comments

Popular Posts