Tin-acious Team

Tuesday evening, the Welders devoted their time to the kids' bathroom. You may remember that the original plan was to put white beadboard wainscoat behind the sink. Well, after some unexpected interior design talk by the Welder, we decided to have a change of plan. (I'm serious, when I tell people, Jason comes up with many of the design ideas. I love these talks. It is so fun watching our ideas mesh and our home's character form as we move along.) And besides, the beadboard already has a new home in the laundry room so will not go to waste. After the plan was in place, it was back to the stack of old, rusty tin, which received a much needed water blast.
Dried and put in place.
After the tin wainscoat was trimmed, the ceiling was also trimmed. Just look at my hubby with his shoes off to keep the clean tub, nice and neat. I did not even ask him!
After the door was trimmed inside and out, I sanded the sharp edges.
Here's the view from the future potty.
And looking in from the hallway. A shower curtain (which will add a little girly-ness to the mostly masculine feel) for this room is also in the works thanks to my seamstress mom. I am so lucky to have someone just listen to my jabbering and take the ball (of thread) and run with it. Something made with love is always way more special than something "Made in China."

Comments

Popular Posts