Neater Water Heater

Monday the cabinet makers came back to add the remaining crown molding and doors. To answer some questions that might be going through your mind. The space to the far left is for the refrigerator. Going to the right-the arched shelf will remain open, most likely with one shelf in the middle. Under that (a little to the right) is where the dishwasher will live. Under the window a farm sink will be installed. A lazy susan takes up the bottom corner.
And the lower space here is for the stove/oven with the microwave, vent-a-hood above.I did more stain experimenting. First, I treated the wood with a conditioner. This wiped on very easily and made all the difference when I stained the wood with a gel stain. The color is Aged Oak, and I think I like it. I actually had this stain from a project I did for my shop, Bee Angels. Weird. We purchase several to sample and we had this one all along. Well, if you end up choosing it. Next, I need to purchase a different type Polyurethane than what we bought the other day. After I practice with that maybe a decision can be made.
Jason was back to work in the laundry room. Having more stud boards, he was able to build the other wall.
Next, he added the header for the door.
Covered it with barn wood.
Added the trim.
The ceiling was also trimmed. Yes, we got home extra late.
But no matter the hour, we still had a few seconds to admire the Welding Wife's art project. What is a girl to do when her assistance is not needed and a cute piece of chippy wood was cut from the bottom of the water heater closet door?

Comments

Popular Posts