Do a Little Dance, Jitterbug

Monday on our holiday-off, after trying to nail down a plan, decided that it was time for a shopping trip to figure out a few things. On a quest for master bathroom faucets, sinks, vanity hinges, and a few odds and ends, flooring also came up. There is one store in particular we planned to shop at when it was time for flooring and due to their hours, we thought our day off was a good time to visit. So we looked there, and one thing led to another and I remembered another store I've shopped at before and have heard about recently so we went there too. And of course, they were having their huge Fourth of July sale that would end after that day. So we went home with no faucets, hinges, or sinks, but we did purchase flooring for the entire first floor. Ha. I know we are irrational nuts sometimes... quite often. We really had not even decided if we would have wood here, carpet there, etc., so I was discussing with Jason (or actually with myself) the different options and thoughts about each, when Jason blurted out and told the salesman exactly how much we wanted. So since I am quite the curious wife, I asked him exactly what that amount would cover, and that is when I learned every room downstairs. So there you have it-that decision made.
So we scurried to the Weld House where I did a little dance on our sample. As some of you know, we still have a garage full of flooring that we've had since October. We are kind of lacking good, in the dry, out of the way storage, so luckily we have about 30 days until we need to pick it up so hopefully we will be a little more ready by that point. It is engineered wood flooring that snaps together over a rubber padding. No glue required and it seems very user friendly and even fun. Like a big ol' puzzle. Guess we will find out soon enough! The color is a little lighter than I originally thought, but I think it will end up being perfect. Things always just work out when you don't have a clue what you're doing.
Dad drove his backhoe over and cleaned up the big pile of trash the sheetrock left behind. You should have seen the huge spiders, jitterbugs, and creepy crawlies living there. .
Jason and I were tired of using regular old sawhorses, so used our trashcan instead.
It was time to line the window sills in the master bedroom!
And trim it out!
We like it :) I wore my cheerleading skirt so I could do some cheers and celebrate the goodness.And then a sneak peek of the lights. More cheers!Mom took a break from working on the kids' bathroom medicine cabinet when she heard all the cheering.Here is how that project looked at the end of the day. The inside had at least three layers of paint (yellow, pinky red, and bluish green.) We scratched the old mirror paint off the day before (though cool and old looking, it was foggy and was not a usable mirror) so now it has clear (but dusty) glass. I read about refinishing mirrors a while back. It's been too long to remember but I don't think it was strongly encouraged for DIYers. I like it clear glass too so maybe it will stay like that and I can make it decorative since the kids' bathroom doesn't exactly have kids to fill it with toothpaste and toothbrushes. Do any of you have any mirror experience? Since this is also the guest bathroom, I would probably need to have some type mirror in the room, but those options are wide open.Then it was time to clean and cut more wood for the trim along the ceiling.The crazy tin ceiling required a little tricky woodwork.
Perfect fit!
And finished!

Before putting up the tools for the day, Jason cut out two more trippers, the one leading from the hall to the master bedroom and the master bed to bath. We purchased a special routing tool during our shopping trip that is hopefully going to assist us in making door frames for all my crazy doors. I think this might be coming up on the to-do list. A moment I have definitely been waiting. I know, I have lots of moments.

Comments

Popular Posts