Herman Held Hostage

I guess I should have known when we got in the truck to head to the Weld House on Thursday and both sets of keys to start the truck/unlock the house were locked inside the house. After a quick trip on the four wheeler to mom's, we were on our way with help from the spare key. So we arrived, and Herman was stuck under Jason's seat. His tail was sticking out the back but his legs and hips were jammed under a bar, his head was wedged between two other contraptions. We finally maneuvered and tugged him out. He was very calm during the whole process. Just kind of chilled until his legs were worked loose, and then he squirmed and made it out with just a small scratch on his ear.
So I will just sneak this picture in here. I forgot to take one Wednesday. Dad installed the heater/light combo in the kids' bathroom. Jason worked on the air compressor. The part came in earlier than we expected. This job that was thought to take 30 minutes practically took all night. From the different configuration of the new part compared to the old to the missing part that required a search in the dark in the bushy grass, it was not a quick fix.
I finished nailing up the lathe in the master bathroom while Herman used our telephone pole as a scratching post. I also caught him a couple times climbing it but was never fast enough to get a picture.
He also helped me clean this chandelier I hope to paint in the near future. The weather was too misty and I've discovered that hanging them in a tree is the best route so postponed that step for now.
Daisy must have warned Herman that if he did not prove he could behave, he may not get to come back, so here he is saying, "See, I can be good too."
Though the hour was late, we decided to put up two of the painted lights in the game room just to see how they looked.
I like them! Hopefully now the air compressor is ready to compress so next Weld House trip is a little more exciting. We called it a night and Herman was not able to be a cool cat in the back seat on the way home. He rode in his mom's lap like a geek instead.

Comments

Popular Posts