Rub a Dub Dub, My Dad Hooked Up the Tub

After lunch and some sofa lounging, it was time to get back to work. We started where we left off and continued trimming.First we completed the window in the green kid's room.Sanding down the sharp edges.Finished!On to kid's window number two.
Mom and dad worked on more electrical.
And then some plumbing.After assisting dad, mom cleaned the sheetrock mess from the tub.
Jason took off his shoes and tested the tub floor before deciding to add extra bracing underneath.
After both windows were trimmed, we moved to the closet door.
And then the hallway door.
This calm, beautiful picture is somewhat misleading. Due to an important part of the faucet missing (dang, I can't remember what it's called-shoe or chair?), we had a surprise burst of water along with the chaos of getting the water shut off. The problem was diagnosed by the end of the day, but we still had to keep the water off since no matter how you turned the handle, the water kept coming. See what happens when you buy things brand new. Normally when something like this happens, it's my fault for buying something used. I am proud to say that our luck this time was not due to me being cheap or trying to save the world, one recycled item at a time.
If mom would not have done such a good job of cleaning the tub or if I would not have been so disgustingly dirty, I doubt I could have resisted jumping in.

Comments

Popular Posts