Stop Trippin...I Told You so!

Sunday afternoon the trim boards that stop the door from swinging the wrong way were added. I know, I apologize for being so technical.I am not 100% sure, but I think dad is doing something here to make the wires safe for when the rockers come rock this wall. He also added several of these temporary (I know you thought they were cute-sorry) lights.So bye bye wild wire.One less tripper. We no longer need the big light that was hooked up with the tripper wire.
Jason got rid of this tripper in the kid's bedroom doorway.
And so I thought I would do my part and get rid of this one (with one of Jason's prizes) in the other kid's bedroom. Let's just say you can still trip in this doorway. It's harder than it looks. Like everything.
To get started, we trimmed the door down to make it square. Ha-well, it's still rectangle but it is even? I am not sure how to say that.
We also had to trim a little off the top. The fan is blowing the sawdust in dad's face. I was yelling at Jason to move the fan but he could not hear over the saw. He was about to unplug the saw from the wall...ha, it was funny confusion as always. But I am thinking you had to be there.
Here it looks like we are making pink confetti, but we are just planing down the cedar boards for the frame. I hope all this planing business helps the drying process.
Attaching the door to the frame. They put my mighty strength to good use.
Don't you just love that pink wood with the green walls :)
After the kid's bedroom door was up, it was time for the closet. Mom used one of Jason's prizes to even up the opening.
And like the motivator said, the process got way faster! I will just be happy and not say, "I told you so."
By the end of the work day, two more doors were swinging on hinges. The closet door will be painted soon. That is why I did not remove all the paint and it looks all splotchy.
And we also had two garage doors that open with the openers and stay up without wooden post supporters! Moving on up :)

Comments

Popular Posts