Don't Even PINK About It!

Tuesday The Welders were still distracted by their pink wood. Jason gave me a sample piece to stain with some leftovers we had from another project. He insured me that he could get started trimming the bathroom without me since we had a lot we wanted to accomplish that night, and experimenting with stain was not on the list. So when I walked in the wood shop and saw this scene, I had to whip him with a board! Instead of getting started, he found another bucket of stain and joined in on the experimenting. The top left board is freshly planed, raw cedar and the other two boards have the different stains. Conclusion of the experiment: Be patient! The boards definitely need to dry out more before we do anything. And it will happen (yes, I have to keep reassuring myself) because the dry layer we have been planing off is not pink-but it was when we first go it. So I publicly declare today that I will not waste anymore time worrying or trying to rush a good thing. (Good things come to those who wait.) Plan of action: Keep going like we are (minus the "dang, this wood is pink" talks after every completed project) and get it up there and move on to the next room and forget about it and let it do its thing...yep, you've heard that before. So end of discussion. You will hear no more pink talk here. I am going to ignore it and act like it looks normal.
So to start the real work for the evening, we framed the toilet closet door.
After that was complete inside and out, trim was added along the ceiling. We used the table saw to make trim from the old fence pickets that were used in the ceiling.
Then we made more of the same trim to use along the ceiling in the master bathroom.
To end the evening we trimmed the door that connects the master bathroom to the closet.
And here they are side by side. And as I've mentioned before, we plan to stain all the wooden doors and today I am thinking they will be a dark brown and just so you know, I am not even pinking about anything else ;)

Comments

Popular Posts