Welding Wife Wears DOOR-ky Shorts

Sunday after early church and a trip to Home Depot, we got back to work. After a quick tutorial, mom and I installed switch and plug covers. We worked precisely with our levels in hand.
I installed the toilet closet switch cover while the guys worked on the door that connects the mater bath to closet.
My trusty flashlight was just one tool too many to get the job done in the dark gym. Those plug covers will be installed another day.
Closet and toilet doors.
And then it was time for the master bedroom double doors.This picture makes me laugh-by the look on their faces, I can only imagine what mom must have said ;)
Getting the frame just right.
Love it!
Next, we put up tar paper and metal lathe on this stair wall. We have tons of rock left over so decided we would have the rock guys do this wall when they come Monday to finish the office.
Next, we headed to the wood shop to work on the other den window.
While Jason worked on putting the wood in place, I sanded on the beam that should have been taped off during painting.
I proudly present the two den windows
and Daisy hogging the rock wall :)
So I admit, I am not the most stylish welder. I wear the same raggly outfits over and over. But this particular one is a little worse than some. The shorts all started back in our early, newly-wed days when working out at the gym was part of our daily schedule. Oh how nice it was to be in shape! Hubby decided my shorts were a little too short for a married woman, so bought these jewels I sported in this post. So I wore them and a black pair in the same style for a while before they ended up at the bottom of the stack beneath my short shorts. Well, they made it back on top a little bit ago and I wore them to our Saturday ritual BBQ in mom and dad's backyard to unwind after a day's work. When I got up from my lawn chair, Jason laughed and told me I was wearing some ugly shorts. I could only help but blast him and remind him that he was the stylist that purchased these Granny shorts. Fast forward to the next laundry day when I was removing the clothes from the washer. The dreaded ink pen was looking right at me. As I unloaded each piece of clothing (yes, I wear way nicer clothes to my real job and they were also in this load), I was happy to see that these pair of shorts were the only article to suffer any damage. I decided to wear them this weekend to save some of my nagging breath. I thought they would be a great reminder to all the husbands out there to "Check your pockets!"

Comments

Popular Posts