She Bangs!

Wednesday measuring took place at the Weld House in preparations for the wiring that will bring electricity to the house.
I did some of my own electrical work and installed light bulbs (that we finally remembered to purchase) in our outside light.
The Welders main project for the evening was installing tar paper and metal lathing that provides a backer for the veneer stone we have planned on this wall located in the breakfast nook.
After hearing thunder in the background for a few minutes, a fantastic rain graced us with its presence.
Hopefully one day we will be able to catch this water to keep things greener longer.
Dad's main project was more electrical work. Here he is installing a light switch in the upstairs bathroom.
And my cleaning lady's main project was cleaning up some of the sheetrock mess.
Plugs were installed in the patio ceiling. They have plans to help with some party lights one day.
In the meantime, Jason was moving right along with the metal lathe.
Dad completed the electrical work in the garage loft.
And then it was time to nail the lathe secure.
At first Jason doubted my ability to do this, but eventually he left me at it alone. I banged and banged...
Until dad had some figuring to do and told me to shut up.
So I stood defeated watching Jason get started on the rock preparations for the master shower.
After completing the breakfast nook nailing, with the help of dad (I think the banging is less annoying if you take part), I headed to do the same thing in the master bathroom.
We ended the night giving a tour to a few visitors. Two, itty bitty Chocolate Lab puppies entertained us in the light of our new outside fixture.
Daisy was not thrilled with the lack of attention the pup show brought. She decided she deserved to sit right by her dad on the way home opposed to her normal floor spot by grandpa. I take it her dad agreed.

Comments

  1. Hi there!

    Great house you are building. We built and ICF house a few years back. Right now we are repainting some of the main rooms (kid..lots of dings and not liking original color choice) and finally finishing it off (whew!) but I googled the colors was considering - cappucino white and crisp linen white and low an behold up came your blog :) Have you been pleased with the colors now that they have been up for a little bit? Your blog brings me back..what an adventure, but boy, I am glad we won't be doing it again , ha ha. Of course you guys are younger than us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you stumbled across our blog, Kari. I've never heard of an ICF house so just finished googling, and that sounds neat. I am pleased with the color choices. They are both light like I wanted but not stark. The Cappucino White seems to be the perfect background with the dark wood accents we have. The laundry room, which has the Crisp Linen White, is a room with no windows or light fixtures yet, so it is still hard to tell for sure, but since it was the third color of paint, I think I will learn to love it no matter what, for my marriages sake :) Thanks for your comment and have a good week, fellow home building adventurer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts