Isn't It Ironic, Don't You Think?

Tuesday evening, Mr. Welder got back to the front door. He added another metal piece to the bottom of the door, which was the final step in sealing the bottom. There is still more weatherproofing to do at the top and I think the sides too but one more step closer. Then he sprayed the board to finish the stairs with a clear coat.
If you'd like a visual reminder of how it looked before, click here to see a post that may help.
Basically the board was used to cap where two boards came together for a finished look. Mr. Welder pressure washed the handrail that I know many guests are looking forward to being installed.
Mrs. Welder spent her evening touching up the painted walls. I am sure more will have to been done after the banging around that moving entails but the office, game room, master closet, den, hallway, and kid bedrooms are looking perfect...not really, I already noticed a spot I missed in the closet but I plan to hang a shirt there to cover it up :)
Mr. Welder spent the rest of his night in the pantry...fatty ;) First, he worked on the door. It got out of whack during the floor installation but now it closes again.
And the inside of the door was trimmed and baseboards were installed. This was not an easy picture to get. I literally stood in the pantry holding the camera above my head taking pictures for 5 minutes before getting one that even half way showed the door trim and baseboards in one shot. I hope you like it.
So maybe you are wondering about the reference to Alanis Morissette or maybe you skipped the title or maybe you have no idea who Alanis is...personally, I'm a fan, but I'll get to my story already. Where do I start? Ok, so Tuesday night we pulled an extra late night leaving the Weld House around 11:45. Wednesday morning the coffee maker breaks. We have coffee every single day. This is an addiction I blame on my husband, but then when I think about how grumpy I used to be (ok, still am), I guess I can't really blame him. And when I think about how he brings me coffee in bed every morning, I really can't blame him, can I? I know, I'm a lucky gal. So Mr. Welder goes out in the garage and goes through our camping box of stuff and gets that coffee maker, washes it, (yes, I am sleeping during all of this and have no idea the effort being put forth) and delivers my cup of joe as usual. Thank goodness and thank you, honey. But why is this ironic? Wednesday is also the day, Mr. Welder is going to pick up our appliances! Just the other day we were talking about how the coffee maker is probably the only small appliance we would bring from the house we live at now to the Weld House especially since it has a Stainless Steel look like our other appliances, we don't think we got a new one for a wedding gift, we use it every day so it will probably stay out on the counter, etc. The camping coffee maker works, but isn't a looker. It really is no big deal, I just felt like telling one of my goofy stories today. So now that I am close to being able to offer visitors more than a slurp from our water jug, a cold drink is soon to be an option, but you may want to have your coffee before heading over.

Comments

  1. Yes, the hand rail is a welcome sight - especially to Stephanie who told a story of a frightful trip to the second floor! Ya know, if you have a "house warming" you might GET a coffee maker - but I know, it will be hard to wait when you have that addiction!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts