The Last Move

Saturday, the Welders packed more belongings. I vow today that this is my last time to move EVER! Wow, we have a lot of stuff.
Mr. Welder's closet was moved. Handy and portable. We attended a wedding that afternoon, so rushed home and unloaded the trailer and arrived just in time to walk in with the bridesmaids. Ugh.
Sunday, Mrs. Welder started on a project that consisted of one can of spray paint (not pictured),one free lamp (that had to be rewired by dad...sometimes my projects are not as easy as I thought they would be), one $2 lamp from Restore and two free lamp shades from a garage sale. As soon as I picked up the lamp shades to look at them, the lady pounced over and said take them, they are yours. Makes me wonder if I was the only shopper to pay them any attention? I get this type treatment kind of often...
Mr. Welder installed this cabinet in the master bathroom. If you remember when I first told you about this cabinet, I am really impressed. If you want a reminder, here it is.
The gals did more packing and cleaning at the old house. Did I mention, I am staying at the Weld House FOREVER!
When we got back, we were excited about the progress the guys made on the kid closets!
Mom worked in the extra bathroom.
Mrs. Welder displayed the madeover lamps.
It was dark so hard to get a good picture. Or maybe I am just not a very good photographer.
Or baker for that matter. Heather enjoyed some burnt cookies. I guess I spoke too soon when I said I getting better with the new oven.
I painted the shelves for the closets.
The glass was installed in the medicine cabinet. Dad got it so clean, you can hardly tell it's there. The mirror in the cabinet was old and not very reflective anymore. Since it was flaking, we scratched it off and decided to leave it clear, especially after learning the price to get it redone. I also had this old, round mirror that still gives a good reflection, so used it to the side instead.
Mom hung (with twine) the shower curtain that she made. So cute!
And here are some fresh Hydrangeas from the wedding we attended. I thought I better take a picture before they kick the bucket.
And as soon as this frog turns around, maybe he will turn into a Princess, so he and Herman can be buddies.

Comments

  1. You guys just keep rolling along! Wow! What am I gonna do when you are actually finished?!?!? I hope you'll still keep the blog up and running! How about your sister? Is she thinking of doing the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is too much fun to give up. Though it may not be as interesting (if I can even it call it that now), I am sure I will keep journaling as long as I am able to find the time. Heather bought a house a few years ago and they did a lot of updating and have a beautiful home. Maybe when I run out of things to ramble about and have time to get it together, I can do a post with some of her before and after pictures. Thanks for being a Weld House reader!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts