Moving In! (Disclaimer: For Real This Time!)

Yes, that is our mattress headed out the door. Friday while discussing what our goals were for the weekend, Mr. Welder assigned Mrs. Welder and her mom to getting things in place to stay the night at the Weld House. Mrs. Welder inquired if this was to be like a camping experience or with a bed and everything, and Mr. Welder said we might as well start living there.
So the guys loaded up the bed.
And the gals got to packing the essentials (plus a few more things). You're welcome for cropping this picture to hide my plumber's crack even though it looked kind of appropriate with me working under the sink and all.
Loading up the bunk beds. In case we have visitors?
Then it was to my old bedroom at mom's house. Wow, where do you start? I started with a stack of wedding gifts that were mostly kitchen related.
We arrived at the Weld House (without wrecking the trailer!) to see that the guys decided to add on to the garage...not really, but with everything cleaned up, it looked so much bigger! Now Mr. Welder has room to work again.
I used the stove to make a gourmet meal.
(Or maybe I just warmed some homemade chili my mom cooked earlier.)
After lunch, dad hooked up the dishwasher.
Mrs. Welder worked on organizing the master bathroom.
Mr. Welder continued garage cleaning.
Mom worked in the green room.
The hutch from Jason's parents was hauled up to the balcony where it waits to be made over by the Welding Wife.
The bed was cleaned and put back together.
Dad installed the last piece to finish the flooring...and Mrs. Welder did some more photo cropping. What is it with that family!
The bunk beds were assembled. These were my mom and aunt's when they were kiddos and came from the A-frame that we tore down earlier this year. My dad cleaned them up and stained them for my house when I moved after college.
The kitchen/garage door was weather proofed.
The Corian for the island was cut.
Installed.
The bunk beds were dressed with lacy sheets, tan linen covers (made by mom), and pillows (also made by mom out of vintage napkins.) This ensemble has been in the works for quite some time.
And a bed fit for two Welders.
The island has a top!
Mr. Welder has room to work!
After a fish fry at mom and dad's, getting a few more things to make it through the night, we headed back...to add the final piece to the kitchen/garage door.
And to start unpacking and washing just a few of our wedding gifts. I just couldn't wait! It felt like Christmas.

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness!! It's coming true!! I bet you are LOVING IT!!! Can't wait to see it and all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts