Purge: To Cleanse or Purify By Separating and Carrying Off Whatever is Impure, Heterogeneous, or Superfluous

This post is embarrassing. The mess I am about to show you is a result of a few factors/excuses. When I first moved to this house, I had no hubby and therefore helped myself to all three closets and fit fine. Add another person's clothes and not so roomy anymore. Closets in a trailer house are small. I have too much clothes and put off cleaning out the things I no longer wear for WAY too long. And my main excuse, we were building a house for over two years...I let it go! It really wasn't always this bad...
The top two pics are scenes from the master closet. Yikes.
The majority of Mr. Welder's clothes lived in the laundry room. Jeans and shorts stacked above the washer and dryer.
Portable closet (he built so his new wife could still have all her closets...I don't know anything that says love more) opposite side of the laundry room.
Work pants in extra bedroom #1 closet with Mr. Welder's t-shirts folded on the top shelf. I did fold the shirts before stacking them, but Mr. Welder had a habit of messing up the nice stacks on a regular basis. This room also included a chest of drawers for folded sweaters.
Extra closet #2 being fully utilized inside and out.
PJs, sheets, towels, and rags in cabinet above master bathroom toilet.
Tank tops to the left with undergarments and socks in the drawers below. Skirts above the TV with scarves and mittens stuffed underneath. Mr. Welder had a smaller but similar cabinet for his socks and stuff too on the wall across from the foot of our bed.
And because the coat rack did not have enough pegs, we had to get creative. If I promise to purge, can my reward be a finished closet?!

Comments

Popular Posts