Conversation Piece

Sunday was a busy day with church, decorating the church for Christmas and another Thanksgiving celebration, but organizing and Weld House work was snuck in at every opportunity. At the end of the night, though my husband was already snoring, and it was way past my bedtime, I ran around and took some progress shots for you guys since I realized I actually had some progress to show :) I present the master closet. We plan to add a shelf or two here or there, but I LOVE it! Don't you think my $5 chair is a nice touch?
Mr. Welder (and dad) knew what he was doing when he left extra space under my shirts for extra shoes ;)
Before church, I came across this tree my sister-in-law gave us with gift cards tied on it for Christmas a few years ago. And the tray table was a gift from mom a Christmas or two ago as well. She got a good deal on it at Hobby Lobby and surprisingly it looks like was bought for this spot.
The ornaments were bought on a vacation we took the summer before last to Fredericksburg. They are tin, mini kitchen items, like a sifter, colander, whisk, cookie cutters. Mom bought them for me since I was too cheap and they were too cute. This post may be making me look really spoiled...
And here is that bench that was in the background in an earlier post. You are not seeing things, that is green paint on the end, which makes this bench even more special. This bench used to sit on the side of the shed (which is actually where my dad's bedroom was growing up-he came from a family of 10 kids so they had to stuff them everywhere) at my Granny and Grandpa's house. There were two of these benches side by side and they were always full of grandkids and/or buckets of rain water. Though they used to hold up several kids each, Mr. Welder added a little support. And the green paint-well, my Grandpa loved John Deere tractors. He had a tractor collection and several other items painted with John Deere green and yellow paint. I am sure the green marking is left over from one of his many spray painting projects.
And you know those neighbors I mentioned frequently? They brought over this lovely basket of peppers. Makes me crave fajitas.
And lastly, here are a couple pics of progress made on the extra bathroom. New rug peeking from the corner and the towel rack, which is basically a piece of barnwood with...I think it's those things that are on electric fences? That is what my mom said anyways. She bought it at an auction that we have at one of our family reunions and whatever those things are, I think it was the perfect touch.
And you've seen a similar picture to this but now we have the towel hook and a tad more decor in the medicine cabinet. Little by little, the Weld House is becoming the Weld Home.

Comments

Popular Posts