Always a Project...

To back track a little more. I got TWO (I thought I only had one more to go!) camera cards from mom last night. I've gone through them and think I can get it done with just a few posts.
Project Chandelier:

I bought this chandelier on our Restore shopping spree. It was brass and dirty and I will admit it-not that cute...unless you have an eye for potential. I did not ask Jason's opinion-I just put it on the cart and left it there hoping he would not notice-I think he did, but by the end of that day he just wanted to get out of there. (It was not worth the $12.50 we paid for it.) It had the old cloth covered wire...so maybe it's even an antique. I researched online about spray painting brass, and then went for it! First I wiped the fixture with soapy water. The first picture is Jason spraying on primer (this step is not really necessary if you use the Rustoleum spray paint like we did). And the second pic is me spraying a hammered finish Rustoleum paint. It really turned out pretty and unique. One lesson learned: I did not tape off the fake candles very well-completely cover things you do not want painted! I did not feel so bad since they cracked to pieces when I took them off (my dad rewired it so thought this might help him.) I shopped around for replacement "candles". I found some that were off-white with dripping wax instead of just the plain white covers. Only problem-they were not the right size. So, I kind of just left the project unfinished...and then for Easter mom surprised me with the perfect covers. I have not taken a picture yet, but I will one of these days so you can see the finished product-hopefully hanging in our house!Project Tree Trimming
The never-ending project!

Grapevines were wrapped in this back cluster of trees-some of it is finally decaying, making it weak enough to pull out.

Project End "Weld" Hunger
Jason cooking a few burgers...Daisy hoping she gets one-or at least a chip!


Project Garden
My dad had a few tomato plants leftover from his garden. He gave them to us, so we could test the soil. They are growing pretty good now-maybe I will have some produce pictures to show off later! I also planted cilantro seeds (thanks Joe) earlier this week. Onions from my dad's garden, a few jalapenos, and we have homemade salsa!

Project Home Tour
We have visitors often-between our large family, people Jason does business with, and friends, we get plenty of chances to take a break.
This tour took place when Jason's Grandma and Aunt were visiting from Boston.
Project Yard Work

Another never-ending project. And yep, that's me weed-eating! First time ever. Dang that thing is heavy and you really can make some ruts if you do not pay attention-hehe.
Project Snake Wake

While moving a pile of old tin that was in the way the day we planted our bonsai garden, we came across 3 copperheads and one black snake. One copperhead was inches away from me when I thought I would drag the top piece away so Jason could get to the one that went underneath...whew! We decided to wait until a gunman arrived to walk any closer. There was way too much grass around and we were not quite sure where two of them were hanging out.


All of the guys came to look...us girls stood back-except Daisy-what a show-off!



Project Mouse Hunt
Daisy's never-ending project

Project Nap Time
We don't get these often!

Comments

Popular Posts