Back Porch Living

These next few photos give you an idea of how the balcony back porch took shape. First, Jason put down scrap tin for a floor so we would have a place to stand and set stuff. Eventually we will have concrete poured on top of this.Next, Jason and dad put soffets. One beautiful, calm, blue sky day, Jason and I were sitting at our desks at work. (He is our family weatherman, and knew this day was supposed to be pretty. He already asked, and Dad could not take off work that day, so we just went to work.) That morning, Jason called me and said "Let's take off at lunch." So we did. It took us a while to get going (to figure out how my weak-self would help get the long tin sheets up that high while being stubborn and not trimming the trees in the way!)
Jason takes a climb and I hold my breath.
The cows look on and moo about our craziness.
We got it going now!
Notice the ladder in the middle. I was in charge of making sure it did not slip when Jason climbed up-glad we only had to use that one a few times! Getting closer to the inside of the house!
Now to the other side.
After a grilled sandwich on the George Foreman, we worked until dark. On the way home I asked Jason how much he thought he would have accomplished if dad would have been able to come. He told me he did not know, but he did know that we did as good of a job as he and dad would have done and that was what was important. I thought that was a good answer.

Comments

Popular Posts